You're a Satanic Witch? Doesn't that mean you're evil?
Not at all! My spirituality is a marriage of two types: Eclectic Witchcraft and Satanism.
Both are religions that put importance on strength, compassion, wisdom, and personal accountability.
What is Eclectic Witchcraft?
To every witch, their craft is different. Many will stick mostly to a specific practice or idea, but some, like myself,
use magic from multiple sources. I primarily uses my craft in the kitchen, enchanting my coffee and tea or
adding specific herbs to my foods, such as adding basil for happiness, beauty, or money. I also regularly burn candles
and incense, as well as cleanse my home with various herbs such as sage and lavender. I often use technology in my craft
as well, using a digital tarot deck as well as tracking the moon with apps. I also practice secularly and worship no deities.
Don't Satanists worship the Devil?
Not necessarily! A majority of Satanic religions are actually secular ones. The Devil is a symbol of independence, wisdom, personal accountability,
and a defiance of outdated ideas and traditions. For myself and many other, symbols of Satan, Baphomet, and other imagery
associated with the devil are representations of balance and the blurring of false binaries.
What is your moral code?
I have adopted the Tenets of the Satanic Temple as my moral guide. It is...
1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
3. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
4. The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
5. Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
6. People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
7. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
I also believe in the basic rule of witchcraft...
Do as thou wilt, harm ye not!
What holidays do you celebrate?
Although I am not necessarily Pagan, I primarily follow the Wheel of the Year, both because of how much it coincides with witchcraft and as a manner
of separation from the Christian calendar. It is as follows...
- October 31st to November 1st
- Winter Solstice to January 2nd
- February 1st
- Spring Equinox
- May 1st
- Summer Solstice
- August 1st
- Fall Equinox
Because I have a lot of family that is Christian, however, out of respect, I still celebrate their holidays with
them socially. It's also a little hard to avoid them in the US!! Not to mention, it is a little nice to always have Christmas
and Easter off wherever I work...LOL
Do you have a grimoire? Are you part of a coven?!
Yup! I am constantly writing my own grimoire and book of shadows! However, I'm very private with them and will likely
never share them! And, no, sorry, I'm not in a coven. I'm a very private practictioner.
Do you do blessings and curses?
As of writing this, I have only ever performed one curse, and it was extremely draining and the affects on the target were
so devasting I decided it was no longer my desire to do such a thing. I do bless my own home, food, pets,
and belongings regularly, and on very rare ocassions will do one for a loved one upon request, but I generally do magic for me, myself, and I.
I have more questions!!
A lot of info on this stuff is just searchable on Google or available in books that you in find in your local public
library! Further details on my spirituality aren't really pertinent to understanding it, but are rather my own interpretations
of my beliefs and understanding of the world.